TBG & citybizlist
TBG (The Berndt Group) partnered with Edwin Warfield, a well-known publisher, on this complex community building eCommerce site that provides a variety of functionality to users. Known as “craigslist for the business community” the site served as a one stop shop for businesses, covering classifieds, news and press releases, events, announcements, business services and jobs.
Through its work on the site, TBG helped citybizlist obtain the following goals:
- provide small and minority businesses with a simple, easy-to-use and cost-effective platform to conduct local business;
- establish local and professional networks;
- promote the interests of the local non-profit community;
- develop a community of values which is viral and self-policing; and
- provide all-inclusive business resources for every business.
Through the site, users can post free and premium listings for press releases, events, jobs, resumes, announcements, services, real estate and marketplace/for sale items in a variety of industries. The organization began in Baltimore and has expanded to offer local business news coverage to 10 U.S. cities, including Atlanta, Boston, Charlotte, Dallas, Houston, New York, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, South Florida and Washington DC.